2 Any Road, London, AN1 1CV
Telephone: 020 7111 2233 (Home); 07957 111 222 (Mobile)
I am an enthusiastic and professional Web Designer, who enjoys being part of, as well as leading, a successful and productive team. I am quick to grasp new ideas and concepts, and to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems. I am able to work well on my own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. Even under significant pressure, I possess a strong ability to perform effectively.
I am now looking to build on my extensive range of technical skills within a suitably challenging role. I am keen to achieve further professional development.
Key Technical Skills
Adobe PhotoShop Macromedia Dream Weaver QuarkXPress
Adobe Illustrator Macromedia Flash Strata Studio Pro (3D)
Adobe Premiere Macromedia Director FTP Programs
Adobe After Effects Poser Bryce 3D
Adobe Acrobat QTVR Microsoft Excel
Microsoft PowerPoint Equilibrium Media Cleaner Pro
2003-date WebMaster, Graphics Master, Belfast, Northern Ireland
• Working within a major print design company, tasked with developing their fledgling Web Department
• Assessing initial set-up requirements and implementing hardware and software solutions accordingly
• Training my team in the use of QuarkXPress, Beyond Press Pro, PhotoShop, Dream Weaver, Media Cleaner Pro, QTVR & Adobe Premier
• Coordinating closely with Account Executives, actively soliciting new clients and nurturing existing client accounts, ensuring their needs and requirements were not only accommodated but surpassed
• Winning over many clients from larger companies, due to the extremely high standards of our creative design work
• Training clients in subsequent website maintenance, particularly the use of Dream Weaver and its inbuilt FTP facility
• Initiating a company-wide changeover to a much faster ISP with enhanced technical support
• Clients include major blue chip companies such as the British Land Company and Millennium Diamonds as well as many high profile government departments and agencies
National Diploma in Graphic Design & Multimedia
Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Ireland (2000-2003)
Web Design Visual Communication
Multimedia Print Design
Following attainment of my Leaving Certificate, I embarked on a National Diploma in Graphic Design & Multimedia to formalise both my design skills and my creative experience. Via mock client briefs, addressing realistic commercial projects, I studied web design, typography, CAD, the print process, illustration and multimedia applications. The final examination of the Diploma consisted of an exhibition of project work (multimedia, CD-ROM and accompanying web page and associated print materials). A dissertation on an individually selected design topic was also completed and submitted.
I obtained a First Class Honours in Multimedia and Web Design and also won the Multimedia Student of the Year Award and Best Use of a Mac Award.
Date of Birth: 12/09/80 Languages: Fluent French & German
Nationality: British Health: Excellent; non-smoker
Interests & Activities
Currently include: Photography, Theatre & Amateur Dramatics, Football & Golf
References are Available on Request
Other sample resumes